Monday, 28 July 2014

Welcome to Life-changing Learning

Hi there,

Welcome to my blog on changing your life through learning

I want to take you along on my journey enquiring into everything and anything that is about learning how to live a fulfilled life doing what you love. I will be sharing with you my ideas on how to live a life of purpose and how lifelong learning is an essential part of being able to achieve this. In fact, I wholeheartedly believe that it is only through learning that we can achieve any change, and I will be providing you with my personal experiences as anecdotes to illustrate this.

It is my goal to become a learning and career coach (I will think of a better title soon as I think this role will evolve and a new title is just around the corner, or maybe I'll invent it!). I am currently tutoring and coaching students who are in high school and university, and at all stages of the learning and development process, so in a way I am already achieving my goal. However, I would like to play a much greater role in helping my students achieve their life purpose, providing courses, group sessions and programs, writing guides and books (both fiction and non-fiction) and making videos, and maybe even one day retreats where I can provide my students with the strategies and knowhow on how to make their dreams come true.

When I initially started tutoring privately I did not envisage how immensely satisfying I would find the work and how much the role would require coaching/counselling skills and also the creative ability to cater for a variety of needs and wants. It is fantastic and something that I feel is my "calling." I love my students and can see their amazing potential to be who they want to be. 

I am currently completing a Masters in Learning and Development with the University of Southern Queensland (USQ). I have chosen this degree because I love learning and helping others learn, particularly helping others achieve their goals in order to change their life. The degree is the most innovative that I have come across, and with my experience within the university setting, I am very impressed. I will share with you everything that I learn, and how I think it contributes to the field of learning and human development.

Please join me on my journey, and I look forward to sharing with you what I learn along the way and how that can contribute to the field of living the life you were meant to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment